Burnt Oringe Ltd is committed to respecting your data privacy. We act in accordance with applicable data privacy laws when collecting and using personal information provided to us or which we have obtained from visits to our websites and online services.
2) When Our Policy Applies and How We Use Your Information
We may hold and retain information about you for the legitimate purposes of promoting our business, if you request information about our services or indicate that you have an interest in receiving communications on Burnt Oringe topics, respond to invitations to events, or comment on our blogs or social networks. Based on your choices and behaviour, we may also identify further products, services, topics and events about which you may wish to know more. We may also analyse your usage of our websites and other online services in order to improve your experience and our offering.
We retain personal information for the functioning of our business and its operations, to fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations, to handle complaints, to monitor our business and compile statistical data for analysis or to facilitate a sale or other transaction involving all or any portion of the business associated with Burnt Oringe.
3) Use of Customers’ Personal Information
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly, we will use but are not limited to using your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Burnt Oringe’s daily operation on provision of products and services to customers;
- conducting credit checks when required;
- designing services or products for customers’ use;
- processing your order and providing the products and services that you have bought from Burnt Oringe and keeping you updated with the progress of your order;
- assisting you with any products or services enquiries, including investigating and resolving service affecting issues and dealing with any billing queries you may have;
- billing you for selling/leasing Burnt Oringe products or services;
- analysing your past sales history and correspondences so that Burnt Oringe can further improve its products and services and/or better tailor the type of products and services presented to customers;
- carrying out research and statistical analysis and monitoring customer use of Burnt Oringe products and services on an anonymous basis;
- assisting Burnt Oringe in fraud and crime prevention;
- debt tracing, debt recovery and credit management; and
- contacting you if necessary.
4) Collection of Customer’s Personal Information
a) For the purpose of carrying on Burnt Oringe business including sale, provision, registration and promotion of Burnt Oringe products and services, Burnt Oringe will collect your personal information when you:
- purchase any product from Burnt Oringe in an Burnt Oringe Store, by phone, online, or through salespersons properly authorized by Burnt Oringe;
- entered into a sales or rental contract with Burnt Oringe for any product provided by Burnt Oringe;
- accept any design services provided by Burnt Oringe;
- entered into franchise or wholesale agreement with Burnt Oringe
- enquire information about a product or service from Burnt Oringe;
- contact Burnt Oringe with an enquiry or complaint;
- enter any promotions, competitions, prize draws arranged by Burnt Oringe;
- take part in market research arranged by or on behalf of Burnt Oringe; or
- visit or browse Burnt Oringe Design website.
b) Burnt Oringe may also collect information about you from other organizations including general business directories and credit information or reference bureau necessary to establish and support the payment of any services being requested by you.
c) Burnt Oringe may also collect information indirectly from you when you visit or browse Burnt Oringe Design website;
5) Types of Personal Data Collected
a) For the purpose of carrying on Burnt Oringe business including sale and provision of Burnt Oringe products and/or services (including relevant on-line services where applicable), the information that Burnt Oringe collects include but is not limited to the following:
- your name;
- your delivery/service address, correspondence address and/or billing address;
- payment details including credit card information, bank account and other banking information;
- contact details, including contact name and fixed and mobile telephone number and email address;
- your preferences for particular products, services or your hobbies and leisure activities;
- a note or recording of a call that you made to Burnt Oringe future store or hotline;
- an email or letter you send to Burnt Oringe; and other records of any contact you have with Burnt Oringe;
- your account information, including but not limited to dates of payment.
b) In support of the provision of products and/or services by Burnt Oringe -, information may be automatically collected by Burnt Oringe on how you use Burnt Oringe products and services, including but not limited to your searching, browsing history in Burnt Oringe website.
6) Retention & storage of Personal Data
Burnt Oringe is a global organisation. Your personal information is stored on servers located in different international jurisdictions, and your personal information may be processed by Burnt Oringe worldwide for business or administrative purposes. Information held in hard copy is stored onsite or at secure locations.
At times it may be necessary and/or prudent for Burnt Oringe to transfer certain personal data to other group companies or service providers outside of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong S.A.R.”). This may happen if Burnt Oringe suppliers and service providers are based outside of Hong Kong. Burnt Oringe will take steps to ensure that your personal information is used by such third parties in accordance with this policy.
We will not sell your personal data to third parties for their commercial purposes. However, we may provide personal data to third parties that perform services for us solely for our use and benefit in accordance with this policy. We also may provide personal information to third parties in order for them to perform services on behalf of a client or to provide services to Burnt Oringe. On occasion, Burnt Oringe may also be required to disclose personal information by a regulator, court or authority.
Burnt Oringe will destroy any personal data it may hold in accordance with its internal policy. Personal data will only be retained for as long as Burnt Oringe needs it unless the personal data is also retained to satisfy any applicable statutory or contractual obligations or for the purpose of investigation, detection and prosecution of crime.
7) How Long is Your Personal Information Retained?
Burnt Oringe has document retention and destruction policies relating to data which differ according to the geographical region, practice area/business support team, the nature of the information, its format and type of documentation. Please contact us for further information.
8) Use of Online Identification Technologies
9) Third party websites and social media platforms
You may wish to participate in the various social media platforms hosted by us. However, we do not accept any responsibility for any personal information that you share on such platforms that is subsequently used, misused or otherwise appropriated by another user.
10) Confidentiality and Security
If Burnt Oringe has a contract with another third party organisation to provide a service on its behalf, Burnt Oringe will ensure they have appropriate security measures and only process your information as Burnt Oringe has authorized. Those organisations will not be entitled to use your personal information for their own purposes. Burnt Oringe will take reasonable steps to check these organizations to make sure that they are meeting the security requirements set by Burnt Oringe
Burnt Oringe may disclose information about you to the following parties:
- companies in the Burnt Oringe Group;
- contractors, agents or suppliers who are involved in delivering the products and services you have ordered or used;
- any banking or financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies;
- credit information or reference bureaux;
- debit-collection agencies or other debt-recovery organizations;
- professional advisers (which shall include lawyers and auditors);
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, payment or other services to Burnt Oringe in connection with the operation of its business;
- law-enforcement or government bodies, regulatory bodies, courts or as required by law;
- any person to whom Burnt Oringe is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on Burnt Oringe or under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which Burnt Oringe is expected to comply; and
- third party reward, loyalty and privileges programme providers;
11) Direct Marketing
Burnt Oringe may use your Personal Data to keeping you updated of Burnt Oringe latest offers or promotions or to conduct direct marketing of the following products and services (in respect of which Burnt Oringe may or may not be remunerated):-
- all products or services offered by Burnt Oringe;
- reward, loyalty or privileges programmes and related products and services; and
- products and services offered by Burnt Oringe business partners including travel, dining, entertainment, apparel, health & beauty, education, household, transportation, banking, insurance and other consumer products and services; Burnt Oringe will not so use your Personal Data unless Burnt Oringe has received your consent to the said intended use. You may choose not to receive these promotional materials by informing Burnt Oringe through the below contact details, and Burnt Oringe will cease to do so, without charge.
12) Provision of data for direct marketing
Burnt Oringe may provide the Personal Data collected to its external service providers (including but not limited to mailing houses, data processing companies and information technology companies) that Burnt Oringe engages for the purposes set out above.
We will not so provide your Personal Data for the direct marketing purposes unless Burnt Oringe have received your written consent to the aforesaid intended provision. Burnt Oringe will also sign a non-disclosure agreement with such external service providers in order to prevent any unauthorized disclosure of the Personal Data.
13) Your Privacy Rights
Data Inquiries and Access to Information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking the appropriate boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise that right at any time by contacting us.
Burnt Oringe wants to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If you believe the information we hold is inaccurate or no longer current, please contact us so that we can remove or correct the information as appropriate.
If you are in the European Union or your data is processed by us in Hong Kong, UAE or China data protection legislation gives you rights to access information held about you and to rectify such information. Data protection laws in Hong Kong S.A.R. also give individuals certain rights to have personal information erased. If you wish to exercise your data privacy rights, make a complaint, ask a question or make a suggestion, please contact us as outlined below:
(a) In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“the Ordinance”) and European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and subject to exemptions specified in the Ordinance and GDPR, any customer:
- has the right to check whether Burnt Oringe holds personal data about him or her and has a right to receive copies of such data;
- has the right to require Burnt Oringe to correct any personal data relating to him or her which is inaccurate; and
- has the right to ascertain Burnt Oringe policies and practices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by Burnt Oringe.
- has the right to restrict or withdraw processing of any personal data relation to him or her
- has the right to object to any personal data relating to him or her being used for Burnt Oringe marketing purposes
- has the right to data portability with regards to their personal information
- has the right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority where their data have been processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR
(b) Requests for access to personal data, correction of personal data, information relating to the kind of data held and to stop receiving or re-start receiving direct marketing, may be made either
- in writing to: The Data Protection Officer: Burnt Oringe Limited, E2 Deepdene, 55 Island Road, Deep Water Bay, Hong Kong S.A.R, China; or
- by e-mail to email@example.com
Please identify yourself with your name, e-mail address and contact number when writing to us.
If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the version posted on the website and the previous versions, this version shall prevail.
How to Contact Us
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. We are very happy to assist with any further queries. You may contact our privacy team directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We use the following cookies:
(a) Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website, which
- identify you as being logged in to our website, including secure areas and shopping baskets;
- remember information you have entered on orders forms when navigating to different pages during a web browser session, including the goods and services you ordered when you get to the checkout page;
- ensure that you connect to the right service on our website when we make any changes to the way the website works;
- route you to specific applications of a services, or specific servers.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent these cookies we can’t guarantee your use of our website or how the security on our website will perform during your visit.
(b) Analytical/performance cookies
These cookies collect information on the visitors’ use of our website. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily. Such cookies are used for:
- Web Analytics: To provide statistics on how our website is used;
- Ad Response Rates: To see how effective our advertisements are, including those pointing to our sites;
- Affiliate Tracking: To provide feedback to partners that one of our visitors also visited their website. This can include details of any products purchased;
- Error Management: To help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur;
- Content Management: To help optimize the delivery of certain media, such as video.
By using our site, you accept the use of “Performance” cookies. Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
(c) Functionality cookies.
Such cookies are to improve your visit experience, such as:
- tracking you whether you have visited our website before;
- remembering settings you have applied in our website, in order to personalize our content for you to improve your visit experience when you return;
- remembering if we’ve already asked you if you want to fill in a survey;
- allowing us to determine unique users across multiple browsing sessions but not devices.
(d) Targeting cookies
These are cookies that are used to deliver content that best suits you and your interests. It can be used for targeted advertising / offers, limiting ad serving or measuring the effectiveness of a promotional campaign. We may use these cookies to remember the sites you visit, in order to determine which e-marketing channels are more efficient and allow us to reward partners and external websites.
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, so we can deliver a more personalised service to you in the future.
You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them may prevent us from offering you some services or targeted advertising.
We may use online identification technologies from marketing partners, third-party sites and social media platforms. These technologies help us measure the efficacy of our marketing and awareness campaigns and to understand how visitors navigate to the Websites from an Burnt Oringe ad. We may use these technologies to compile statistics about visitors who interact with the Websites and other Burnt Oringe online content, to gauge the effectiveness of our ads, and to provide more pertinent information to our visitors.
If you receive electronic mailings from us, we use technologies that track certain actions. We receive information that shows who opens our electronic mailings and whether links embedded in those mailings have been clicked on. This information helps us understand the effectiveness of the mailings and we may use the information to contact you about other events or services which in your areas of interest.
Many browsers permit individuals who are concerned about cookies to decline them. In most cases, you may refuse or delete one or more cookies and still access our Websites, but the functionality of the sites you want to visit may be impaired. You may delete cookies from your system after you finish browsing our Websites if you wish to do so, unless you have registered with the relevant site as you must accept certain cookies in order for your registration to work. You may delete cookies once you terminate your registration.
If you would like further information about cookies on our Websites, please see our list below.
The following cookies are used across all of our website properties:
|Name||Nature of Cookies|
|Magento||Strictly necessary cookies|
|Google Tag Manager||Analytical/Performance and Targeting cookies|
|Google Analytics||Analytical/Performance and Targeting cookies|
|CC Avenue||Functionality cookies|